Conversations about DNA testing have been trending on social media for days, in light of an adulterous affair involving the managing director of a bank and his subordinate. The affair resulted in the birth of two children.
Here are things you need to know about DNA testing:
- DNA Test was invented in 1985 according to Time magazine.
- There are two parts to the DNA test; sample collection, testing and analysis.
- Samples can be collected at home; a swap of the insides of the cheeks, hair, nails or blood.
- A child’s parent can order a DNA test.
- If the child is 18 years old, they need to consent to the DNA test.
- DNA tests can be carried out for the purpose of child support, social inheritance, immigration or any other legal reasons.
- Apart from establishing paternity, DNA testing can reveal hereditary diseases and conditions.